Launching Before I Felt Ready

There is a version of this story where I waited.

Where I sat with the idea, held it carefully, checked every box, and only stepped forward once everything was in order. Where the CAC registration was complete before the first product moved. Where I had a delivery system I fully trusted. Where the packaging was done the exact way I wanted. Where I felt fully ready.

Guess what?

That version never happened.

Florence d'Or launched on 28 March 2026 not because everything was ready, but because I had already been waiting long enough.

The truth is, CAC registration wasn't the only thing I hadn't sorted. When I launched, I didn't have a delivery structure I was fully confident in either. I was figuring it out as I went. And if I am honest with you, and that is the whole point of this journal, delivery is something I am still working through now.

That is not a comfortable thing to write or admit.

It would be easier to tell you the launch was clean. That every system was in place and the only thing left was execution. But that would be the edited version of this story, and this journal was never meant to tell edited stories.

I started Florence d'Or in the middle of uncertainty. Not at the end of it.

I think there is a belief many of us carry, quietly, almost unconsciously, that when the time is right, the conditions will align. The fear will disappear. Everything will fall into place, and you will simply know it is time.

Well I waited for that feeling. I kept adding things to the list of what needed to be in place before I could begin. But the list kept growing.

What I eventually understood was this: If I waited for everything to be perfect, I might never start.

The CAC registration came on 22 April 2026, almost a month after launch. 

The delivery system is still being refined. 

And somehow, Florence d'Or is still here.

Not because I launched with everything figured out.

But because I launched.

It wasn't perfect.

But I launched.

It wasn't how I imagined it to be.

But I launched.

I didn't launch because I lacked patience.

I launched because I knew it was time to move.

I launched because starting was the only way to get to where I am going.

Florence d'Or is not yet where it should be but one day it will be.

Why? 

Because I launched.

If I had never launched this brand, you wouldn't know Florence d'Or.

You wouldn't be reading this journal.

There would be no story to tell.

But now there is.

Why?

Because I launched.

Now that I've launched, everything else can fall into place.

I am learning, I am growing, I am failing, I am refining, but most importantly, I am moving.


If there is someone reading this who has been waiting for the right time, I am not going to tell you that the timing will ever feel perfect.

I am only going to tell you what I know: the only reason this journal exists, the only reason Florence d'Or exists, the only reason you are reading these words.

And that is because I launched.


Florence d'Or: The Journal 

Entry 02 Launching Before I Felt Ready

Every Friday, 7:00 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cost of Starting Small

Welcome to Florence d'Or: The Journal